In order to improve the interaction between businesses and clients, Customer Effort Score Software is used. It employs a type of customer survey that measures the ease of interaction between the client and the business; for e.g: query resolution through customer support, making a purchase, signing up for a trial, and so on. It is believed that the level of effort put in by consumers for interacting with a brand has a direct impact on loyalty levels. Evidence suggests that about 96% of consumers would be more disloyal, if the businesses fail to solve their problems.
The way the CES software operates is by asking relevant questions to customers and providing them with answers to select from a scale of 1 to 5 or 1 to 7, depending on the version of software being used. For instance, a score of 1 would compare to ‘very high effort,’ while a score of 7 would represent ‘very low effort’.
This software can be successfully installed to identify barriers that require effort from the customers for resolving issues or achieving a satisfactory conclusion. It is also used to identify unhappy customers after the resolution of their service tickets. Monitoring real-time opinion through a customer feedback app can be beneficial to notify service team supervisors about customers with declining loyalty. This issue can be overcome by reaching out to these customers personally, to gain their trust and make them become loyal customers.
Measuring the quantity as well as the quality of ‘satisfaction’ in a metric is essential. Customer Effort Score software offers a unique approach by directly involving customers through specific interactions in the process of ‘continuous improvement’. Following are some proven tactics to improve CES:
- Understanding the current processes – Involves pattern analysis, customer interaction, and strategized problem resolution.
- Effective execution of the strategy– Business need to lend importance to the customers for enhanced experience. Hence, negative customer feedback should encourage problem fixing, reduction in the efforts that customers have to put in to resolve the issues, which thereby leads to growth of the business.
- Excellent navigation through digital walkthroughs – Digital walkthroughs can be used to enhance customer satisfaction. These are interactive, step-by-step, highly advanced, and user-friendly. They are instructive and specifically customized for problem resolution.
- Forward-thinking – CES works towards resolving current issues to avoid them from reappearing in the future.
- Addressing the emotional component of business interactions– With the right training, the interpersonal issues can be reduced and eventually eliminated, thereby improving the overall customer satisfaction.
- Learning the ‘personality’ of the client– This is to understand the behavior of the client better as well as to avoid any possible friction.
All these tactics are designed to improve the customer experience and thereby the Customer Effort Score. Self-service is the groundwork to base an organization’s strategic objectives. Customer Effort Score helps in measuring the amount of customer effort required for a certain interaction with the business. It is a unique and important tool in the customer experience toolkit, and can be efficiently used to improve customer loyalty by gaining stern and actionable customer insights. In this regard, customer feedback apps can also be used to boost customer metrics.