What Do We Mean by Product Experience?
Product experience can be summarized as the entire value of the product to the customer. It can be defined only by the customers as they are the ones who use those products and services. Product experience is a part or element of customer experience. It is a type of interaction between the business and its customers.
Product experience can be attained by the quality and the design of the product. In short, it brings together the totality of aspects that investigates how people experience the products: durable, non-durable, or virtual. It can be summarized as the degree to which all our senses are satisfied, the meanings we confer to the product and the emotions that are felt.
The Different Aspects of Product Experience
There are many aspects based on which product experience is enumerated. Some of these are:-
- Fit for Purpose: It’s the product that consists of functions that you can need without other peripheral features.
- Sensory Design: The product should be visually attractive and should have a pleasing touch, taste, and smell.
- Sensations: Sensations should be generated by the product such as temperature etc.
- Usability: A product should be easy to use.
- Learnability: A product that is easy to learn.
- Undo: A product that provides safe operations where the actions can be undone.
- Control: A product that lets you control it.
- Personalization: A product that makes useful acceptance.
- Customization: This easily allows you to change things according to the way customers want.
- Speed: The product should be fast and reacts quickly.
- Performance: The product should need to meet performance expectations.
- Productivity: This allows you to finish making customers objective quickly.
- Shape and form: The product should have an attractive shape and form.
- Risk: The product should be secured to use.
- Terms: The product should provide equitable services.
Apart from these, there are some other aspects of Product Experience. However, a company can use Product Experience Software’s to measure these aspects.
Importance of Product Experience for any Organization
For any organization, irrespective of whether they deal in goods or service, the value that customer assumes from their product, is very important to them. This is because of the following reasons:
- Customer’s product experience has a great impact on their overall experience with the company.
- This affects their satisfaction from the brand and thereby affects customer delight.
- Product Experience also affects the customers’ impression of the brand and reflects on the brand’s image.
- Product Experience has an impact on the customers’ loyalty towards the brand.
- As advertisement may be an external and untrustworthy source of information today, customers believe more in word of mouth. A good product experience affects customer advocacy and word of mouth in a positive way.
- It also carves a niche for the brand in the market. Thus, creating an edge from the competition.
- Product Experience can make or break a product’s future sales.
- It also helps with product differentiation.
- It leads to a better liking for the brand and the company, and thus, helps in new product launches.
Overall, Product Experience is the key to the success of the firm’s products that helps it survive in the long run.
What is a Product Experience Software?
Product Experience Software is a software that helps you understand your customers and their experience with the product. It empowers product owners with tools that help in the deep analysis of user behavior, drives product adoption, and collect user feedback.
Product Experience Software enables us to track every step of the user’s journey with the product and fully understand how they’re interacting with the product over time. It provides product insights to make meaningful engagements at scale and recommending additional products to the customer. It also helps in asking for feedback from the users to understand what they really want from the product. Customer Feedback App can also be a helpful guide here.
Product Experience is an important tool for motivating customers to use and try the product. To create Product Experience the companies can use Product Experience Software’s for digital products like mobile apps and Customer Feedback Apps for physical products and services provided by piHappiness and enhance their offerings like none other.