COVID-19 has caused a global crisis affecting the companies’ ways of collecting feedback from their customers. Nonetheless, it’s important to run customer experience surveys to find out about any flaws in the products & services of your company. Customers too would like to get better services, especially during the COVID-19 lock-down and social distancing. Consequently, it’s extremely impossible to take part in CX surveys that include physical meetings.
But there’s always a solution to every problem. Customer Experience Software like piHappiness can help in running these surveys without having to come in contact with any person. It also helps to keep a track of the customer experience, whether they are satisfied or dissatisfied with the service they are getting from the company. But during crises, customers need extra reassurance from the companies they trust.
6 Ways of Providing Meaningful Customer Experience During a Global Crisis
It could’ve been possible to interview individual customers or hold group discussions to find out how they feel about the products and services provided by your company. But collecting customer feedbacks physically through various surveys isn’t possible during a global crisis without the survey software of piHappiness.
Therefore, here are 6 ways in which your company could provide meaningful customer experience during emergencies.
- Planning and Preparedness: In times of emergency, it’s mandatory that changes are made in the roles and tasks of the employees by planning everything beforehand. It’s expected that only one statement is announced by the chosen leader both within the organization and publicly. Handle your customers with preparedness and work according to the crisis management plan, which can also be enhanced with the CX surveys by piHappiness.
- Extra Communication: In case your business is heavily dependent on offline work, it is mandatory that you maintain extra communication with your customers during the global crisis. Most businesses nowadays have online social media platforms to keep their audience and customers updated. But if your company isn’t so and relies on manpower and distribution and delivery of products or other services, converse with your customers and make them aware of what is actually happening at the spot. This will help them to understand your situation too.
- Empathy: During a global crisis, it’s very important that the company caters to its customers in very empathetic ways. Each person, during the time of lock-down and social distancing, is in a disturbed mental state. Therefore, enable and teach your employees to actively and genuinely listen to your customers and understand their perspective. No matter what, show concern about the situation of your customer instead of assuming that you know their troubles. Assure your customers, especially during the pandemic, to stay positive even though you might have had a long day handling these similar issues.
- Quick Response and Spontaneity: In order to maintain great customer experience feedback, a quick response, especially through piHappiness, helps in embedding the faith of the customer in your company. Added to that, spontaneity too helps in taking quick actions to cater to the customer’s needs. This helps them in restoring faith and to maintain loyalty to your services.
- Asking for Feedback: Asking for feedback from your customers can be really helpful especially during a pandemic. In this case, the CX software of piHappiness can help companies to conduct and run contactless customer experience surveys and obtain proper feedbacks to analyze the quality of their services. It can also be helpful in observing what impact the global crisis is having on your business and how those sections of the business can be improved after the pandemic is over.
- Change as Per Need: During such times of global crises, it’s very important for the company employees to be able to help out the customers as much as they can. Since it’s a time of emergency, the employees must be given permission and freedom to break the pre-decided rules if it’s absolutely necessary and be humane towards the customers. The rules of the company too might need change during these times so as to make the situation a little bit better, simpler, and easier for your customers and accommodate their needs accordingly.
Spontaneity, planning, and empathy are key to achieving the trust and loyalty of your customers, especially during a global pandemic, along with the customer experience software of piHappiness. Being friendly, humane, and empathetic towards your customers can help in increasing the trustworthiness of your company and assure its existence in the long run. Thus, improving the customer experience in these ways can help both the customer and the company to trust each other and be codependent during a global crisis.