Generations are divided and classified. Each classification is defined by their birth year. Every set of generation division has its own common characteristics and traits they are recognized by.
There are 3 Sets of Categories:
- Generation X: Born between 1965-1980
- Millennial (Generation Y): Born between 1981-1995
- Generation Z: Born between 1996-2012
The fast-spreading technology is most easily adopted by Generation Z, followed by Millennials and Generation X. Through a customer feedback app, organizations gather information for different products.
The difference in customer experience expectations between the three generations Gen X vs Gen Y vs Gen Z:
- Media Utilization: Generation X prefers old media transmitters. They read newspapers, magazines and watch television. They get used to the technical world through the help of the newer generations. Generation Y or Millennials are extremely comfortable with smartphones. They are technically savvy. They typically have multiple social media accounts. The average Generation Z received their first mobile phone earlier than the previous generations. Many of them grew up playing with their parents’ mobile phones or tablets. They spend most of their time in the digital world. They also use customer experience software to provide feedback for different media.
- Preferred Method of Communication: The widespread technology has little to no effect on Generation X. They prefer to communicate by speaking with a real person or via e-mail. On the other hand, Millennials would rather text instead of a phone call or email. Whereas, Generation Z, prefer to communicate with brands in multiple ways. Such as social media, email, face-to-face, ads, chat, and a company’s blog. They prefer customer feedback software for communication.
- Manner of Communication: Generation X prefers positive and straightforward communications, else they switch to a competitor. Millennials want their experience to be quick and efficient. They want to be given individual preferences. Generation Z has grown up with technology. Consequently, they are extremely self-sufficient. Their preferred manner of communication is through a customer experience app. They don’t require staff assistance. As a result, they expect any company communications to be simple and to the point.
- Online Monetary Transactions: Generation X is comfortable executing mobile payments. Millennials do, too, plus they may also install mobile wallets and other mobile payment applications. According to research, Generation Z represents the largest group of mobile payment users.
- Preferred Experience: Generation X appreciates a streamlined approach to customer experience. They want their issues resolved. Millennials and Generation Z want a high-touch experience. They want a personal touch in their customer feedback app. They prefer digital interaction with companies. They want a personal layout including their profile, location, previous interactions, etc.
- Organizational reach: Through survey organizations point out that generation X prefer relationship and quality of customer experience while millennials and generation Z prioritize experience and entertainment. This helps in reaching customers appropriately.
- Customer Relationship: Companies find it difficult to approach generation X from the marketing point of view. They consider long term programs, loyalty offerings, and building relationships. Generation Y and Generation Z can easily be appealed by confirming a brand’s value and marketing. They look for authenticity more than loyalty. While Generation X prefers loyalty.
- Company’s Values: Generation X, being more inclined towards building relationships and not so tech-savvy, do not go after the values of a company. They are more concerned with the behavior of the employees and the product delivered. Millennials and Generation Z read and understand the values behind the company. They prefer values in the customer experience before purchase.
- Innovation: Millennials and Generation Z are more open to the innovative approach of the companies rather than older repetitive ones. With easy adaptability to technology, they choose a more advanced customer experience. Generation X is comfortable with former ways.
- Company Response: Earlier we could say that millennials expected a quicker response than Generation X. But now, speed, trustworthiness, and transparency are universally demanded. All the generations prefer a fast and trusted response to their customer feedback.
The customer expectations are driven by the fast-developing consumer technology. The digital assistance by customer feedback apps has enabled consumers to expect accurate answers and results. All generations want smooth and efficient contact with customer care. Too much complexity is simply ignored. A good customer experience software addresses a broad spectrum across generations.
Hello there, just was alert to your weblog through Google, and found that it is really informative. I am gonna be careful for brussels. I’ll appreciate when you proceed this in future. Many people can be benefited from your writing. Cheers!